Thursday, October 18, 2012

My challenge this month at Scraptastic


Welcome to my October Challenge: Tags, Banners, and Journaling Cards Oh My!!!!!

I do believe we are focusing on multi-photos layouts  this month as well so this worked out perfectly for me!

FIRST DAY OF K



Today's layout if about Kaden's first day of Kindergarten...in 2009. I had taken a handful of photo's (ok a little more than handful, more like a bucket load!) but picked these to focus on. 

To get started, these are the Studio Calico journaling cards available in the add-on kit (everything I used on this layout is from the October Hall Pass kit and add-on) I layered them as a background pieces and added pictures, stickers, letters, chipboard, and those mistable stars.



again, more of the journaling cards used down the right side of the page. These were used as journaling tags.



Up next, is banners! The banners are from Elle's Studio available in the main kit. I cut them out and layered them behind a photo and on top another journaling card.



Here's a tag I made just by cutting a piece of the journaling card and bending the top over. Just pop a couple stickers on, tack it down with my favorite tool, the Tim Holtz mini stapler, and tada a quick embellishment. The stars were colored from Studio Calico mists. I used the red from the kit and the taxi yellow.



And with that I give you the challenge of Tags, Banners and Journaling Cards! Please be sure to link us up. You have until October 31st at midnight to complete your entry for the October Challenges. The prize for the October Challenges is a $20.00 GC to the store. Sounds like a great treat to me!

Here's the double page spread split up to 2 single pages to give you a better overview.



Thank you so much for by the blog! I do hope you join us for my challenge!

~Melanie

0 comments: