Monday, October 8, 2012

Learn to Tell Time


Hello all!

We are in full swing with the October Kits this month at Scraptastic Kit Club. I will be using the Hall Pass and Add-on. As of today, I do believe there are a few still available. I really enjoyed using this kit because, for some reason school layouts are on of my favorite events to scrapbook.


My first layout is of my son Kaden from about 2 years ago. We were sitting in the bleachers watching my other son's basketball practice game and I started snapping pictures of him working on his homework. Just watching his face expressions was hilarious, he had no idea I was taking pictures. 

LEARN TO TELL TIME

 

Here's a close-up picture of the embellishment cluster I put together. I loved the stamp set add-on. It's one of those that can be used over and over, very practical in my opinion. I used the "love this moment" statement on the lower part of the tag and the "The story of today 2010" on the upper part of the tag. I hadn't even noticed this set was an Ali Edwards set. I just love her products, so excited when I opened my box this month!

The stars were white, but using some mists the color can be changed very easily! I used Studio Calico, Mister Huey, taxi on my stars. I did experiment using mists and using just an ink pad. They both worked well however, I found a quick spray of mist was very simple and cleaner for my fingers. 
For the embellishmed area I just kept layering papers, sticker, paperclips, twine, letter stickers until I got the look I wanted. You'll noticed I used my favorite tool, Tim Holtz mini stapler. I use it more for looks than function.



I do hope you join me on October 18 for my October monthly Challenge. To give you idea of what I'll be doing think...tags, banners and journaling cards oh my!

Thank you for stopping by today! Enjoy the day.

~Melanie


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this page!!! I love how you mixed everything in the kit. You are right. The pics of Kaden doing his homework are pretty fun!!

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable! I love all the different elements you mixed.