Friday, August 3, 2012

My last layout from Summer Picnic Kit

Hello! I'm back with another layout from the July Summer Picnic kit! I do believe there are just a few left so if you are interested, they are becoming limited!


Happy Summertime



For this layout, I printed my photos at home using a photo template. I cut it in half to break the pictures up a little and bring more color and pattern to the page. This is my son Kaden, watering his "flower garden." You'll notice I did lots of layering on this layout. The red on the right side is washi tape. I kind of wish I would have added it to the left side too, I suppose I still can, I think the red is very eye catching.





I was going to add my journaling on this center stripe but those words on the Simple Stories sticker sheet were just perfect for this page and I went with that instead.






I cut the bingo cards out from the pattern paper and just sorta layered them together. You notice I used my Tim Holtz's tiny attacher (stapler). I think that is one of my top 5 tools I own and use it on  almost every layout. I always try to add a date somewhere on my layouts, the mini border ticket stickers worked perfect for that.

The circle date is cut from a piece of pattern paper, perfect to layer the flower and some more sticker words. I was going to use the red clothes pin instead of the blue to bring in more color, but I had a bit of a "scrapbooking  accident" (if you read the message board, you'll know what I'm talking about. Let me just say if your clothes pin comes apart don't try fixing it with a exato knife)...anyway....






A bit more layering with the sun from the pattern paper, a sticker tag, floss and my photo template picture.

Thank you for coming over to the blog! Have a great weekend!

~Melanie

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your page! Love that you used so many photos and also love this Simple Stories line. I have it too, but haven't used it sofar (I'm a hoarder!)

deb famularo said...

29
hey, it's me...can u believe it! I'm actually on blogger! It's only been a year! lol And nice to see yoru beautiful work again Mel! I miss that!!!!! You changed your blog again huh!!! hehe Very nice! You need to get me motivated again! Such a slump I'm in!!! Come on Craft Wars with me!!!!! Lets kick some a$$!!!! xOxO